The work of Lev Vygotsky is increasingly cited as we reconsider the theory and practice of constructivist education. This program introduces the life, vocabulary and concepts of Lev Vygotsky.
The video illustrates four basic concepts integral to his work: Children construct knowledge, learning can lead development, development cannot be separated from its social context, and language plays a central role in cognitive development.
* Zone of Proximal Development
* Comparison of Piaget's and Vygotsky's theories
* Importance of social context for learning
* Interaction of thought and language
* Piaget speaks of education and memory.
Part of the series Giants of Psychology